Sunday, April 24, 2011

ooooo internet!

My internet situation continues to be just that-a situation.
And in an addendum to the post below, my computer is now suffering the effects of that power surge and refuses to reliably turn on. With a new power cord I was able to enjoy a few days of internet, but then Ed's internet itself broke. They replaced the whole system but continuing on this theme of luck, it did not recognize itself on any of Jackie, Jessica, nor my computer. At this whole time, my bank weirded me out a bit by deciding to become so modern by breaking down walls and expanding inside and installing internet to a few of the computers. So I have that availabiltity, although asking someone working if I could interrupt their work so I could check facebook doesn't really guarantee me quality internet time. But here's the good news! Peace Corps finally put internet and computers in the transit house in Bertoua. It may be 10 months after originally promised, but it means now that when I come to Bertoua for a day or two each month i'm getting more than an hour or two I pay for at an internet cafe. That and I can get it whenever I want and not wait months on end to upload photos! So how shall I celebrate? How about some long awaiting photos to this blog! Since i'm in Bertoua, let's start with the most recent trip to Bertoua. Making burgers and fries for some Cameroonian friends.











No comments:

Post a Comment