Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Peace Corps: "Hardest Job You'll Ever Love"

Because i'm in Yaounde, said goodbye to the parents and am now have time to waste until I go teach the newest SED training group at their in-service training on the beach in Limbe (this was me last year in Kribi), was shown these by other volunteers, and in case you might still wonder what this whole Peace Corps thing is all about. These might help shed some light... Unfortunately only one link worked :(

Life is Calling. How far will you go?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqOH2M12VUg

For all the times I have told you this experience has not left me without stories! Seems I've collected quite a few, some very similar to this. Although, I guess i'll wait to see how interested people are to listen to them upon my return. Can you believe it already, just less than four months and i'm already up for my close of service conference! That is where my training group gets together for the last time and Peace Corps Admin starts preparing us to go home. Second year sure flies by.



And the article (you'll have to copy and paste).

5 Reasons Not To Join The Peace Corps: "...the biggest challenges and rewards come from the time spent at home, in the village, with members of the community. It may be impossible to change the world, but living in a tiny corner of it is a reminder that it is possible to change individuals, circumstances and ourselves."

http://www.bootsnall.com/articles/10-09/five-reasons-not-to-join-the-peace-corps.html

No comments:

Post a Comment